Your holiday is a very special time and we craft the itineraries to make sure that you get the most enjoyment. The world has changed dramatically over the last few months and we have been adapting to make sure that we deliver the best experience for you in this new and hopefully temporary way of travelling.
Delivering The Best Experience - Safely
Nothing matters more to us at Travel Department than the safety of our customers and of our extended team both at home and around the world. So, we are continually reviewing and updating all our safety protocols, so that when you are ready to travel again, you can do so in the knowledge that we are doing everything possible to keep you safe.
We work with leading health and safety experts in the travel and leisure industry to ensure the highest possible standards. We continuously monitor processes and evolve when and where necessary.
The Same Great Welcome - Safe & Secure
Our tours group sizes will be smaller during this time to ensure that we can bring you a wonderful holiday experience safe in the knowledge that you are in the hands of experts.
You’ll find a summary below on the steps we have taken and what to expect when you join your next Travel Department holiday.
Our priority is to bring you the best experience, safely.
NEW - Flexible Low Deposit
Pay a deposit of just €100pp on all tours booked between June & September 2020 (excludes Long Haul & River Cruise). Plus, enjoy the flexibility to change any tour at no extra cost or swap your deposit for a voucher up to when your balance is due or up to the 18th of December 2020, whichever comes first.
Your Guide to Travel Safety Measures
We suggest that you take your own face masks and alcohol-based hand sanitiser with you on your holiday. They may or may not be necessary, but it’s better to be prepared.
Please check with us or the airline on their specific Covid-19 requirements before you go to the airport.
You may be asked to complete new questionnaires on entry to your destination. These may include the address of your hotel, so make sure you have that handy.
Once you are at your destination, follow any tips and guidelines provided by your guide, and be ready to relax and enjoy.
Flight Safety - Departing
Airports and airlines have all introduced new measures to make your flying experience as safe as it can possibly be. Most airports have introduced the following protocols:
- Enhanced cleaning & hand sanitiser stations
- Recommended use of face-masks in terminal
- Floor markings to ensure social distancing
- Reduced face to face contact with staff
- Perspex screens where necessary
- Boarding carefully managed to minimise queues
Flight Safety - On Board
- Wearing a face-mask throughout your flight.
- Enhanced cleaning processes using hospital-grade disinfectant.
- Most aircrafts deep cleaned daily.
- All modern aircraft use state of the art, hospital grade, air filtration.
- All staff on board wearing face masks.
- Food services very limited or not available.
- Movement during the flight restricted.
Flight Safety - On Arrival
- International airports typically following the same guidelines as your departure airport
- Expect to keep your mask on whilst in the airport terminal
- Keep social distancing guidelines in place
- Once you collect your luggage, your guide should be there to meet you and may be wearing a mask if inside the terminal
- Check your paperwork as we will have full guidelines for your specific tour including any special instructions
Your guide will as always be on hand to advise you of the local customs including those regarding social distancing, the use of face-masks and other measures in place to keep you safe.
Travel Safety - Tours & Transfers
- All the coaches we use will be scrupulously cleaned before each transfer and excursion, high touch points will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for you to use when you get into the coach, and once you have selected your seat, you will be asked to stay in the same one for the day.
- Face masks are recommended and in some countries are mandatory on coaches.
- We are planning smaller group sizes for now to enable coaches to run with reduced capacity.
- When you are out and about with your guide, we have arranged for much greater use of audio guides, so that you can maintain social distancing and not miss a word the guide has to say.
Safety At Your Accommodation
All Travel Department hotels and cruises have implemented specific protocols to comply with local guidelines. This includes arrangements made in advance of your arrival to avoid queuing at check-in. Additional measure include:
- Guests using facemasks in some public areas.
- Floor markings in place to ensure social distancing.
- Staff using gloves and/or disinfectant wipes when handling luggage. (where applicable)
- Enhanced cleaning throughout your stay with staff wearing facemasks.
- Hotel rooms being deep cleaned and fully ventilated for new guests.
- Magazines, mini-bars, menus etc. being removed from hotel rooms.
- Buffet meals mostly being replaced, but where they exist, operating with no self-service, and control measures to ensure social distancing.
Offer Terms & Conditions
*Low deposit of €100 applicable to all tours excluding Long Haul and River Cruise holidays. Low flexible deposit for all new bookings made between June and 30th of September 2020. If after booking, your plans change, you can amend your tour or departure date with no additional fee, or swap your deposit for a gift voucher up until 18 December 2020 or the date your balance is due (whichever is earlier).