Competition now closed.
We want you to vote for your favourite Travel Department guide! We have reviewed all our customer feedback from 2023 and have selected some of the top guides who we believe truly enhance our holidays by providing invaluable insights, local knowledge and who go that extra mile for our customers.
To be in with a chance to win a city break for 2 to Istanbul departing 15th March 2024, simply fill in your details in the form below and vote for your favourite guide.
This fantastic prize includes:
- Flights, 4 nights B&B accommodation & transfers.
- Guided city tour of Istanbul with an expert local guide, including visits to the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia & Beylebeyi Palace.
- Plenty of free time at leisure to see more of this dynamic city.
The competition closes at midnight Sunday 18th of February, and the winner will be randomly selected on the 19th. Good luck!
Our Top Travel Department Guides
Andalucía Tour Guide
Alejandro has been working with us for nearly 20 years. He loves working with the clients of the Travel Department, he loves Andalusia and its culture. He is an exemplary guide when dealing with clients and always tries to do his best so that clients return as satisfied as possible from their holiday.
Dalmatian Coast Tour Guide
Andreas was born in Austria and has been living in Sibenik, Croatia, since his childhood. Andreas has always been attracted to travel and adventure which made him start guiding as a hobby, but it very quickly morphed into a career. He has been working as a professional licensed tourist guide since 2011.
France Tour Guide
Anke is originally from Germany and has guided our Travel Department groups on the Cote d’Azur and Provence tours since 2016. She loves travelling, discovering new places, visiting historic monuments and beautiful natural places.
India Tour Guide
Anu is from a village near Lucknow, an area which has played a very important role in India's history, administration and national politics, especially during the later Mughals, colonial rule and in post independent India also. He loves sharing his knowledge of history, religion and culture with our customers.
Lake Como Tour Guide
Carol has considerable experience working as a tour guide in Italy, particularly the Lake Como region and loves getting to meet new people on each tour. She also speaks a number of languages including Italian, English and French.
Egypt Tour Guide
Dodi was born in Cairo and he received his tour guide licence from the Egyptian Ministry of Tourism. It is a dream come true for Dodi to share his passion and knowledge for Ancient Egypt and he has been leading tours around Egypt for Travel Department since 2007.
South Africa Tour Guide
Gertie has guided tour groups throughout the beautiful Rainbow Nation of South Africa since 2003. She loves to show our Travel Department customers the natural beauty of South Africa, delicious cuisine, and most of all, South Africa’s friendly, kind and unassuming people.
Pyrenees Tour Guide
Margaret is originally from London but moved to Roses in 1975. She loves working as a guide as she is passionate about showing this wonderful part of Spain.
Turkey Tour Guide
Meltem holds a masters degree in Tourism Management and has been working as a tourist guide for the last 25 years. She loves her job and showing our customers the beautiful country of Turkey, which has so much to offer nature, history, ancient cities, real life, fun and architecture.
Vietnam Tour Guide
Chung, or Jimmy as he’s fondly known to the guests, Chung was born and raised in Ho Chi Minh City in the 80’s during a difficult period for the country. Chung gained a degree in tourism from the Ho Chi Minh City University in 2005 before becoming a full-time tour guide and traveling extensively throughout Vietnam.
Lake Garda Tour Guide
Renate is a highly experienced tour guide and has led tours for Travel Department in Lake Garda for many years. Renate’s favourite part about being a guide is the fact that you get to travel and meet other people.
Terms and Conditions**
- Competition entries can only be accepted online at www.traveldepartment.com/vote-guide
- Closing date for entries is 18th of February 2024 at midnight.
- The prize is an Istanbul City Break for two people for duration of 4 nights departing from either Dublin, Edinburgh or London Heathrow on 15th of March 2024. The prize includes flights, transfers, guided excursions and B&B hotel accommodation. Full details of holiday can be found here. The winner must be available to travel on the departure date of 15th of March 2024.
- Travel insurance and checked in baggage is not included and will need to be purchased separately at prize winners own cost.
- Prize is as offered and no cash alternative will apply.
- The prize is not transferable.
- Entry is for people of 18 years of age and over and resident in Ireland or United Kingdom.
- Only one winner will be picked from Ireland or the United Kingdom.
- A valid entry consists of an answer to the question in the form above, accompanied by the entrant’s name, address, email address and a phone number.
- Entries must be entered online in the form above.
- Entries not submitted in accordance with these rules will be disqualified.
- Travel Department’s decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Travel Department reserve the right to change any aspect of the prize.
- Employees or agents of Travel Department, and their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- The prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions when booking a Travel Department holiday. Booking terms and conditions apply and can be found here.
- Travel Department are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
- The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by Travel Department.
- Entry to this competition shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
- Travel Department reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
- Participants agree to use their testimonial's for marketing purposes.
- Winner will be selected and will be notified by phone no later than 19th February 2024.